Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Favorite Law

Helloooooo... Is anybody still out there?  I'm baaaaaack.  Maybe I will just try a "thought for the day" type of blog.  Short, sweet, and hopefully insightful.

One of my favorite laws is the Law of Unintended Consequences.  Not even the most well thought out process is immune from it.  And it is really the first law (well, maybe second, after the law of gravity), to make its mark in the world.  Think about this;  God creates a utopian world in seven days. He then sets up Adam and Eve in this Garden of Eden. Then, believing they can be good stewards, he grants them free will . And what happens on day nine, maybe ten?  They mismanage it.  In one bite, God's utopian paradise is irrevocably screwed up. If that is not the law of unintended consequences in action then I don't know what is.  What, he didn't see that coming from a mile away?  Apparently, no one is immune from it.

1 comment: