Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Don't poke the hornet's nest if you do not want to get stung

Most of the time I am just like a persistent bumble bee. Always there in the background checking out the local goings on while maintaining an annoying, but low buzz. I flit from person to person offering an opinion on this or that but most people are smart enough to ignore me. My buzz is annoying, but harmless.

Every so often though, someone, whether intentionally or not, starts poking at the nest with a stick.
At that point my seemingly chaotic flight begins to be focused on the person batting at me. My laser sharp compound eyes focus in on the intruder and I begin to buzz around their cranium. Now I am buzzing right in their ear and they begin to flail at me with an increasing sense of helplessness and building urgency. I won't give up until they either run away, I sting them, or I manage to make honey out of the situation.

So if you do not want to get stung do not poke at my nest with a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment