Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You, Sir, are a Nattering Nabob of Negativity

I am not one to crow but this could be the crowning achievement of my short career as a bloggist.
I had the rare good fortune to be able to dress down a very prominent and nationally syndicated conservative columnist.  The Philadelphia Inquirer, a newspaper known for its Pulitzer Prize winning reporting, decided to publish a letter to the editor I wrote in response to a column by the conservative political commentator Charles Krauthammer. A fellow member, I might add, of my own tribe, The Chosen People.  I only mention this in response to my previous blog post in which the target of my scorn implied that members of the same faith automatically have similar values.  We do not.
Here, then, is the article and my response:  Click on each link.

Krauthammer article link


Charlie















My letter to the editor link (scroll down to my letter)

Richie
Here is my letter reprinted in case the link is ever broken.  Reprinted from the Philadelphia Inquirer January 25, 2012:

Krauthammer is a Sore Loser

Charles Krauthammer's beloved Republicans haven't even lost the presidential election yet, but he is already behaving like a sore loser ("Republicans self-destruct," Monday). He readily admits that the president "is a very smart man." However, "if he wins in November, that won't be the reason. It will be luck."
Krauthammer is nothing more than a verbal bully who has to resort to cheap shots more suited to an elementary school yard game of tag. Calling a potential November victory by President Obama mere luck is an insult to our electoral process and is offensive to all Americans who will exercise their right to vote for the person of their choosing. Krauthammer should be ashamed for behaving like a child who hasn't learned good sportsmanship.
Richard Feuer, Woodbury

2 comments: