Friday, January 21, 2011

Is That a Skeleton In My Closet?

So it seems that the new chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has quite a scandalous past history.  Darrell Issa (Republican, CA) has been accused of, or investigated for; car theft, arson, and illegal possession of a concealed firearm.  And he is going to be our nation's gate keeper for the ethical behavior of our political leaders?  His excuse for any past ethical missteps is twofold.  First and most importantly, it was his brother who actually allegedly stole the cars and owned the gun. And he certainly is not guilty by association.  Secondly, and most curiously, is his assertion that, "everyone has a past" (that they may not be proud of).  Oh really?  


I don't know about you, but I for one am sick and tired of morally challenged people accusing me of having done things in my past that best never see the light of day.  Ok, sure, I might have stolen a pack of Fruitstripe gum from my local candy store in 1969.  And does drinking a quart of Colt 45 in eleventh grade count as morally reprehensible behavior?  How about the cops being called to your house because of a boisterous Chinese New Years party involving the peace shattering explosions of fireworks? Is that shameful?   Or how about...............ummmm, never mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment